torsdag 13 februari 2014

Change the world, we must.



     One might wonder why I would start this blog in 2014 when it almost seems that the blog-era is in its final days. No one has either time or interest anymore to read these long, elaborate posts written by complete strangers. Why read a 3-pages long babbling when you can use twitter, right? However, I feel that twitter’s 140 characters per post are too short for everything I want to discuss here, as well for the way I want to discuss it. My idea is not to write a completely personal blog about  my own thoughts, feelings and life events, even though some of the posts are going to be based on my own experiences. The goal is to present a blog written in a more ”academic” way, with quotations and references from relevant theorists and researchers. That way, I feel that my texts will become more relevant and perhaps start some kind of debate, not only in the comment section, but also in the heads of my possible future readers. 

(http://interactioninstitute.org/blog/wp-content/import/2012/02/Change-The-World.jpg)
     Finally, what am I going to concentrate on in these texts? As the name of this blog states, I consider myself to be an activist at heart. That means that I feel that my involvement in individual movements and organizations is just not enough for me, even though I plan to continue on participating in them. My opinion is the following: looking at all these organizations such as the human rights’ and LGBTQI movement, antiracist, feminist, environmental, etc. organizations, as well as those who fight against cruelty towards animals, I see only one goal. And that is to change the world we live in for the better. For some reason, their fights have not yet become one, even though I’m convinced that the goal(s) would be reached much faster that way.


     That’s why this blog is going to serve as some kind of meeting point for many of these important issues. I can only hope that this way I can inspire all these different activists to begin fighting together. Change the world, we must.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar