torsdag 20 februari 2014

The Revolution of Love




     When I saw the name of this article (without reading the whole text), I was so provoked and angry, I had so much to say and I wanted to shout out loud: LOVE IS LOVE!!! 

But, after I read it, I couldn’t do anything else but agree on most of the points made by the author. Life is very hard for transgendered people, no matter which country they live in, and no matter how supportive their families and/or friends are. They are still discriminated against in the streets, schools, stores, public bathrooms, and to make their struggle even worse – within the very LGBTQI community, thus being “betrayed” by the people who should be “their own”. 

    How is that possible? Well, if you’re not a transgendered person, you are almost never going to be in the situation of discussing your private parts, your genes, your hormones; if you have to go into surgery of some kind, the only people wanting to hear about it will be your family and friends; you will never be referred to as “formerly” anything; you will never have to answer when you figured out that you were you, etc. These are just some of the questions many of us ask transgendered people, not really considering that they aren’t some art exhibition set up for our own fun and 
education.                             
Don’t get me wrong – I understand that many ask these questions because they want to learn more and thus become more accepting of the Trans-community. Even I did it before I thought about what I’m doing by it. BUT, if you’re reading this, you have access to the internet, which means you can Google it!  

(twitter.com/AllLoveIsEqual)
Right to privacy extends to all of us, never forget it!

      Now back to the article… Even though I find the text to be very informative, I’m still provoked by the article’s name. While it might still be “revolutionary” to be accepting of transgendered people, I believe it’s time to crush the boundaries of gender when it comes to love. Loving a transgendered person shouldn’t be something “special” or “unusual” anymore. 

As long as it’s consensual, love whoever you wish to!
The revolution is love!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar